Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hosea

So I received some insights from Hosea 2 this past week, but instead of blogging about them just yet,
I thought I'd share song lyrics that I wrote just a couple days ago.  Melody and Chords are yet to be determined, but I love the lyrics so much that I'm hoping the full song will just 'flow' when I sit down to figure it out.  Enjoy, don't steal my lyrics now (hello, Copyright!), and keep posted for more thoughts from Hosea.

                                                         Hosea


Verse 1:
All my provisions have been stripped away
and all of my paths have been hedged in
See, I’d been unfaithful-that I know for sure
Turned to countless others to fill me

I thought that these lovers would meet all my needs
But chasing them brought my destruction
So I said, “Maybe my first love will take me back in”
“I was better off with Him then I am right now ”

Chorus:
So He led me
He brought me
Into the wilderness, into the desert
And it was there in the wasteland that,
 He pursued me (that He made me sing)
It was there in the dry land that
He allured me, He pursued me
It was THERE,  He spoke peace to my soul

Verse 2:                              
In the desert, my first love, turned trouble to hope
And spoke tender words to my faltering heart
So, I sang back to Him, my heart laden with joy,
Responding as when our love was still new.

For He’s no longer ‘Master’, but ‘Lover’ of mine
And it’s my steadfast love He desires
He betroths me to Him in His mercy and love
He betroths me to Himself forever, (forever faithful)

Bridge:
So I call, “Come, let us return to our Lover”
“Come, let us return to the Lord
Let us press on, let us press on
To know Him more.”  - Copyright: Jen Tillson, 1/23/11.
                                     Lyrics adapted from selected verses of Hosea 2, and Hosea 6

No comments:

Post a Comment