Currently, I'm stuck in that mildy frustrating/mildly ackward phase known as the "phone interview shuffle".
AKA: successful phone conversation from the contact person, phone tag limbo with another committee member.
*sigh*. What I would give just to go to meet these people face to face.
In the meantime, I've taken to watching/listening to IHOP (Internation House of Prayer) -KC's live stream of their prayer room. It's been so encouraging to engage in something that stirs up passion and hunger in my heart once more. I discovered the live stream yesterday and listened to it on and off throughout the day. And at the end of the night I realized something....I easily miss the BIG picture.
What do I mean by this? Perspective. From my small little area of concerns and stresses, as I continue figuring out where to go next, resumes, job hunting, ect, if I stay down in all of it for too long it's all I can see. It's so...easy, so comfortable, so ho-hum to NOT climb higher. I job hunt. I watch the news. I tweak documents. I search the web. Meanwhile, I fail to feed myself spiritually. Sure, I may read a bit from my Bible, any recent theology book, Christian inspirational book. I may listen to worship music. But if I fail to engage, to connect, to meet intimately with the God who desires relationship (and not ritual), then my perspective is still low, still stuck in my troubles, and so very limited.
What is the BIG picture? Christ and His Kingdom. The hearts and spirits of those around me. Grace, the work of the cross, the supremacy and Glory of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. The Big picture is my inner life, the "place behind my face" (as Misty Edwards puts it). The Big picture is His moving and working on this earth and what He is doing within His Bride, the body of Christ.
He calls out for hearts, for relationship, for us to meet with Him, wait on Him, listen to His heart in the quiet place, our secret place with Him. Yet, if something holds us back, holds us down, we are left with our perspective only being on what immediately surrounds us versus His Higher purpose, His Higher thoughts and His Higher Kingdom principles.
After all, what will matter, I mean REALLY matter once we've left this earth? In light of eternity, what is the big picture? I think this is where our perspectives shift and can have the potential to realign.
These should be the real "check up" questions, shouldn't they?
*How is my intimacy level with the Lord?
* How is my hunger level for more of the Lord and His Kingdom principles?
*How is my heart and what is it telling me about wounds, lies, concealed sins, attitudes, pride..ect?
*What has Jesus been teaching me lately?
Also, "How is my spiritual overflow?" If our worship, in action, in attitude, in lifestyle, is all about "the overflow of a forgiven soul" (thank you, Matt Redman), then where is my spiritual overflow? Am I overflowing with gratitude, joy, communion with the Lord, worship and Glory? Or is my well running low?
Is my 'spiritual water' stagnant? Or is it "bubbling over"?
Perspective is huge. Not that I'm claiming to be seeing things completely clearly...big picture.
But I want to. And I'm relying on the Lord to help me. Stay close to His heart and keep the kind of perspective that He wants me to keep. HIS Kingdom. HIS Cross. HIS grace and HIS glory.
So, how is YOUR perspective today?
Can you see His Big picture?
How is YOUR 'overflow'?
No comments:
Post a Comment